Friday, October 10, 2008

An Exciting Wednesday....

Wednesday after lunch, I realized I hadn't felt my little one kick nearly as much as it usually does, so I called and talked to a nurse at my OB's office. Even though it was kicking very faintly every once in a while, it usually does kung-fu karate at night and in the morning, and I hadn't felt that.
She advised me to drink a sugar-y coke and sit with my feet up for about an hour and see if that made it move around a bit. I walked to the kitchen at the office, got down about 1/2 of my coke and walked back to my office. As soon as I shut my door and turned around to sit on my desk chair, the room started rapidly spinning and my right ear went totally deaf. Thinking I was about to faint, I hit the floor so I wouldn't fall, and crawled to open my door (a sad sight I can only assume!). Thank God for Fern, who was working diligently in her office and heard my faint cry for help!
After laying on my office floor for a while shivering uncontrollably, I was able to get up (with some help from the girls at work), and was driven to Baptist East. Britton met me in the parking lot with a wheelchair--so embarassing!! What was worse is he couldn't drive the daggum thing so he kept running me into walls. I have to admit it was pretty funny.
They hooked me up to a fetal monitor and the baby was just fine--PRAISE THE LORD!! The moment we got to the hospital, I guess the sugar set in because Butter Bean started doing some form of interpretive dancing. Through the heart screen it kept moving and kicking like crazy--I guess it showed me!
After about 30 minutes of a good strong heartbeat, they let me go and I hit the hay. I haven't felt the same since, so I had my glucose test done early. I went in this morning, although it was scheduled for this Tuesday during my appointment. They'll have the results for me when I come on Tuesday so I'll know what's going on. For now my nurse just said it's probably really low blood sugar, and to eat a snack about every hour or hour and a half. Not a prob!! I just don't ever want to feel like that EVER again!
Never a dull moment in our life, but at least it usually makes for a good story with a happy ending :)
All my praise goes to God, once again, for a healthy baby!

1 comment:

Abby said...

I'm so glad to hear you are OK! How scary! I am thinking about your little family a whole lot. Take care of yourself! I love you!!!!