Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A whopping 14 pounds

I would like it to be known that Mr. Chunky Pants now weighs 14 lbs 1.6 ounces and is 25 1/4" long!!!! Last week was his 2 month old check up with Dr. Morrison (Pediatrician Extraordinaire) and he really tipped the scales. Who knew?!?! I'll tell you who knew...both of my wrists. Good GLORY. Every time I pick him up they basically scream at me.
He had his first set of shots and yes, it's just as bad as they say it's going to be. As Abby put so well, it's the "silent cry". The one where they rear their tiny little head back (in our case, a 16" head to be exact) and take a big deep breath to just let it all out. It was hands down one of the saddest things I've ever seen. But after holding him and rocking him, he fell asleep on my arm and back home we went to the comforts of our lamb swing. Phew.
He's still keeping me up at about 2:30 every morning to eat, and then wakes up again between 5:30 and 6:30 (usually closer to that 5:30 hour). So we're hoping he'll start sleeping more soon since he's so stinking big.
All in all, this precious boy has still got our hearts!

No comments: